Panchakarma is the natural purification therapy of Ayurveda.
"Pancha" means five
"Karma" means action
The "five actions" refers to a range of cleansing therapies which are designed to purify the body of toxins.
The therapies are personalised based on the specific needs, imbalances and body type of the individual.
- Various types of massages using oils and milks tailored to the individual
- Nose, eye and ear treatments
- Ayurvedic herbal supplements
Some of the benefits include:
- Highly enjoyable, with two practitioners massaging the body in tandem
- Prevents the recurrence of disease and restores health to the body
- Brings order to the digestive system and improves metabolism
If you click on the link below, you can read more about Panchakarma and the Clinic in Delhi where I have spent the past 14 days.
This Clinic houses the best (in my opinion) Ayurvedic Doctor in the world, Dr Raju. Through pulse diagnosis, Dr Raju determines your current state of health and any imbalances and then tailors your Panchakarma program accordingly.
In the photo below; Limor Babai and fellow meditators Michalle Smith and Liz Young, all undergoing Panchakarma in Delhi. Also in the photo, master chef Rajender who cooks the most delicious vegetarian meals for Panchakarma clients at the Clinic.